Voraxial® Separator vs. Hydrocyclone, Centrifuge
The Voraxial® Separator is superior to hydrocyclones and centrifuges and outperforms both in key oil/water separator applications.
A hydrocyclone's inherent limitation is its requirement for a pressure drop to conduct separation. There is no pressure drop with the Voraxial®.
Further, a hydrocyclone cannot perform 3-way separation.
In order to accomplish this with hydrocyclone or centrifuge-type units, two separate units are required - one hydrocyclone for solids removal and another for oil removal.
A single Voraxial®, with its patented vortex separation, however, can easily and efficiently achieve 3-way separation in one single pass.
High Volume Separator
Scalable Voraxial® Models
1000 Separator – 1-5 GPM
2000 Separator – 20-60 GPM
4000 Separator – 100-500 GPM
8000 Separator – 1000-5000 GPM
(1) The dark line is the concentrated fluid stream of oil
(2) Surrounding the oil stream is the clear concentrated fluid stream of water. If solids were present in the fluid stream they would be spun, to the outermost exterior of the fluid stream.
Voraxial® Wastewater Treatment Separator
Oil/Water Separator – Oil/Water/Sand Separation
Efficient, high volume separator-technology for liquid/liquid, solid/liquid, solid/liquid/liquid or gas. The Voraxial® Separator's wastewater treatment process with vortex separation is proven to be a return on investment, on average, in 12 months.
No Pressure Drop
The Voraxial® is a unique, patented, in-line, separator that provides a cost effective method to efficiently separate large volumes of solids, liquids and gases of different specific gravities and without the need of a pressure drop.
Small Foot Print
The Voraxial® provides highly efficient separation in wastewater treatment of all types while requiring less space, energy and weight than conventional separators processing the same volume.
Ease of Use
The Voraxial® can efficiently handle fluctuations in flow rate and oil concentrations without any adjustments, allowing for ease of installation and operation in use at wastewater treatment plants, oil rigs or food processing facilities. There is only one moving part on the Voraxial®, allowing for very little costly downtime in the event of maintenance or repair.
High Volume/Energy Efficient
Superior separation is achieved in real-time, and in much greater volumes, with a more compact and energy efficient machine than any product on the market today.
Multiple Industry Uses
Separates 3 Components Simultaneously
- Oil/water separation
- Solid/liquid separation
- Solid/liquid/liquid separation
Additional Wastewater Treatment Benefits with the Voraxial® Separator
- Treats a wide range of flows, even slugging flows
- High performance vortex separation over a wide concentration range with no adjusting necessary
- Operates with low or high inlet pressure
- Gas slugging does not effect performance
- Low shear impeller – oils are not emulsified
- Non-clogging – open impeller
- Variable speeds to optimize separation
- Patented vortex technology